Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Earthquake in my sweet home


My holidays was so exiting. In February, I went to Bolivia in a cultural travel. But, one day after that Im return to my home in Santiago, something incredible happened. The 26 of February, at nine o'clock at night i was in Carolina's house, in La Reina's neigbourhood, so near from my home, in a meeting. Then, at 1 a.m i returned to my home. I was so tired, so i went to sleep inmediatly. At 3.30 a.m, something incredible happened, all the things of my house started to sound and the floor was started moving strongly... it was a earthquake!! Oh my God... this is so amazing, all my life waiting for this moment and NOW... im sleep. YES MAN! I WAS SLEEPING HALF EARTHQUAKE!! But im enjoy the other half :) well, in spite of the disaster that the earthquake left, in the moment I enjoy the effect of the movement.
The days after the earthquake, I helped in the student volunteer, but I realized that the help was very small compared with all that the people needed.
Well, I learn that Chile is not prepare for a disaster as this one, and if in the future there is another earthquake you have to be calm... and you have to be awake.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing experience!! but mine is better. Bad thing that you were sleeping, I was awake and I enjoyed at all! We have a nice story for the grandchildrens now, as like our grandparents tell us about the others earthquakes.
    Enjoyable experience, I like it, see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that strong experience live a earthquake, and a of more large of human history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    You missed an unforgettable experience. I woke up and I could fully enjoy it so I can say it's a shame that the dream has been stronger in your case jajajajaa
    See you

    ReplyDelete